Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WE ARE ALMOST READY!!!!





So everything is falling perfectly into place for our trip this weekend. Just in case anyone forgot, this weekend is our big Cascade Canyon backpacking trip. Man are we excited! Our packs are packed and we are making the last minute preparations so that we don't encounter any problems along the way. Unfortunately, some people aren't going to be able to go so it is just me and my two roommates. I don't care if nobody else went, would still go! I have been so excited ever since I heard about this place over a month ago. It actually worked out nice that we waited to go because up until two weeks ago, it was snowing in the Tetons. I called up to the Ranger Station today and the place where we were planning on camping still is covered in snow and the lake is frozen. So what we are going to do is go as far as we can until we hit the snow and we will camp there. Saturday morning, depending on the snow level, we will try to make it up to Lake Solitude which is where we were going to camp. Either way, it is going to be an amazing trip and I am counting the hours and minutes until we go! I will post new pictures probably on Sunday or Monday after the trip! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

good luck rick! please please be very careful! little hailee wouldnt want anything to happen to you! she is so excited to see you next month! and so are we! cant wait to hear all about it! we love you!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Rick, you are so cute and funny how excited you are. I think I would be that excited too but it is still cute.
Have a TOTAL BLAST!!! Be safe and take a ton of pics for us all in the blogging world.
By the way, thanks for the comments, yeah, I feel more loved already. It was so nice to talk to you the other day as well.

The Hansons said...

looks like so much fun! funny that we are both camping on the same weekend just in completelt different places. is this far from pacsaddle? we should hike and meet up with each other. who cares if its an extra 20 miles!?