Sunday, July 6, 2008



I must say that I had an EXCELENT 4th of July this past weekend. One, because it was my first one since I have been back from the mission and two, I was able to spend it with some of my very best friends! After a couple of girls came over and cooked us breakfast, we headed down to Idaho Falls and found a spot right on the green belt (right next to the river) and we fired up the coals on our $20.00 BBQ that me and my roommate split the cost of a few weeks ago. We had a huge BBQ right on the Snake River and enjoyed the live band that was playing a few hundred feet away and just relaxed, played Frisbee, cards, Catchphrase, and laid down on the grass and enjoyed the AWESOME 80 degree weather. We had about 20 or 25 people at our spot and we just totally had the best spot. It finally got dark at around 10:00pm and the most amazing firework show you have ever seen commenced. Idaho Falls is way famous for their incredible firework show and let me tell you, it was by far the best firework show that I have ever seen in my whole life. They spare no expense! Afterwards we sat in traffic and enjoyed the 1 1/2 hour 20 mile drive back home!!! Awesome weekend!

This was our spot



Yeah.....there is a chance that I got a little carried away with the lighter fluid.



Me, Beth, and Liz



Sunset over Snake River


I'm not really sure what Dev was doing here...


Dev, Me, Collin, and Hilary

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks and Sounds like a GREAT 4th! The BBQ flames look like Kip started it. HaHa you boys are too crazy! Enjoy the 80 degree weather b/c once you come back here in a few weeks you wont enjoy the kind of heat we have here.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O that looks like it was SO SO SO MUCH FUN!!! I wish it was 80% here, maybe at 8 am. Don't you love fun like that with your buddies, and it just looks SO stinkin beautiful there. I am going to end up in Idaho some day, I PROMISE YOU!
Im also glad the fireworks show was amazing.
Cant wait to see you soon!

The Hansons said...

ha! dev is such a dork! that was a fun day!