Friday, May 23, 2008

THIS JUST MIGHT BE THE COOLEST TRIP EVER!

Ok, so here is the deal. Today I was kinda not paying much attention in math class because this kid that sits next to me told me about this place that he and his wife are going to this weekend called Cascade Canyon. He was showing me pictures and I am sold! Today I started planning the trip for June 6th...so I really need to get training. It starts with a beautiful drive to Wyoming that gives you incredible views of both sides of the Tetons. We go past Jackson Hole, past Teton Village, and up to Jenny Lake. That is where we start the hike. So we park the truck near Jenny Lake and start the 9 mile hike through Cascade Canyon and up to Solitude Lake. Cascade Canyon is self-describing because the whole way you are hiking next to a stream and you pass all kinds of waterfalls and all of the beautiful stuff that water does.


















Once we get up to Solitude lake, we will make camp and stay the night. You cannot have camp fires so we will have to pack some camping stoves. The next day there are a few other places that we can hike to during the day. I am sure that the water is much too cold to swim in considering that the lake is at 10,000 ft. So I guess that we will just enjoy the scenery and have an awesome day up there. The lake is very close to the Teton peaks. So needless to say the sights will be AWESOME! So be ready for some sweet pics on the blog! Here are some that I found on Google Earth:

So does't this seem like an awesome trip??? I am so excited! I even went out and bought my hiking boots today to start breaking them in. So this is pretty much set in stone that we are going to do it. If weather doesnt permit on our planned date, we will do it the 13th and the 14th. My roommates are all stoked so we are going to start training now for it. I am actually training for the Teton Dam 10k right now too! I am way excited for it. It is going to be June 14th so hmmm....I guess if the 6th doesnt work out we will have to go 2 weeks later. Anyway, let me know how it sounds to you guys! I am totally stoked!!!!!

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

i am soooooooooooooooo jealous that you are going on that hike. it sounds AWESOME!!! you are always doing way fun things while you are up there! i cant wait to see pics when you get back! IT LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!

Jenn said...

Sounds like an AWESOME hike and lots of FUN too! The scenery look so BEAUTIFUL! good luck, cant wait to see some pics!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks B E A Utiful!!! I wannna go so so so bad! You sure have a dang good time up there when you are at school, I can see why you wanted to go so dang bad!
I hope you have a blast, how could you not that looks so beautiful!
Keep on with that training and can't wait to hear how it goes!
Love ya brother!