Sunday, September 14, 2008

PACKSADDLE LAKE

I don't have a ton of time to type right now but here is the bottom line. We found packsaddle lake and we had a blast! The trail getting down to the lake was absolutely insane but we managed to get the quad down and back up again so I guess it was a success. Oh yeah...we tried to do a little fishing in the lake because the fish were jumping like nobody's business so I grabbed my little fishing pole that I keep in the quad, found a spinner and some 5 year old power bait to put on it, and on the second cast the spinner got stuck in the mud and broke my fishing line. That was a bummer. So then I found an old rusty hook and tied that on the fishing line with a little rubber worm and tried casting that out and it went about 2 feet because it had no weight to it. We then had the bright idea to tie a rock into the fishing line to give it more weight and that seemed to work good! We didn't catch any fish....the closest we got was a fish that followed the hook and the worm all the way into the shore just looking at it. I think that it was laughing at us trying to fish with a rusty hook and a rock tied into the fishing line. Oh well! I am going back next weekend to fish with some real stuff!!

2 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Looks like so much FUN! That rope swings is so awesome! Did you guys let go and go into the lake? Glad you guys found the lake! Thanks for posting the pics! I'm so happy that you are having such a blast up at schooL!!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Boy, you are making us so jealous of all of that amazing riding you are doing regularly up in beautiful IDAHO!!! You truly are convincing us that it is where we want to end up some day!
Looks like fun and I LOVE the swing pics, she totally looks like she is about to go in!!!
LOVE IT!!! I also love the fishing story, how ghetto fab and I LOVE IT!!! That is the best and better luck next time for sure!