Saturday, November 1, 2008

My 40 Mile Ride

So today I was feeling the urge to go for a ride. So I did just that! I was originally going to go for a short ride since I was going by myself but it turned into a VERY long ride, but SOO awesome! I was riding for almost 3 hours and didn't even make a dent in the trails. I will take you along on my ride

I unloaded the machine on my trailer that now tilts! My manager and I cut the weld on the trailer that was preventing it from tilting. So now it is WAY easy to load and unload. 1st stop on my ride was Kelly's Canyon Ski Resort.


I had never ridden to the ski resort before and really had no idea how to get there but after exploring for quite a while, I came across it. I started heading up the trail where I took this picture and got a little ways up the trail and got stuck. It got pretty steep and really rocks and there came a point where the machine was just too wide to get up. So I had to go down backwards down this steep rocky hill. Kinda creepy but fun!

I hate how cameras don't show how steep things really are! After getting stuck, I found a place called "Y Junction" and there were a ton of trucks parked there with trailers. I knew that something WAY cool had to be close by. So I rode for a little ways and found a trailhead for a trail called Poison Flat.

This trail was so stinking awesome!!! I rode it for quite a ways until it started raining so I started to head back. Once I was almost back to the trailhead, it stopped raining so I turned around and kept going! Here are some pictures from that trail.

After exploring for quite some time, I went down the back side of the mountain and ran into the Snake river. It was totally beautiful.

At this point I realized that I was getting low on gas so I started to head back, exploring here and there on the way back. At this point I was at mile 25 so I still had a ways to go.

By the end of the trip, I rode almost 42 miles. It was soooo fun! Now I need to go and wash the quad! Oh yeah, check out this sweet house that I stopped to look at. It is about 3 blocks from the temple and has been vacant since before I left on my mission. I have no idea why but it is soooo nice! It is still for sale. I think that we should buy it! I will keep dreaming. Here are some pics though. I would have to admid that my truck looks pretty good in that driveway!

2 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Wow what an AWESOME ride! I cant believe you ended up going that far...especially by yourself! You are so brave! And what a gorgeous house! Talk Mom and Dad into buying it! lol. And wow, your party looked like fun! I couldn't stop laughing over Jalyssa's Asian costume! That is so awesome! She has guts to do that! Thank goodness asians were there! Looks like your past two days have def. been a ton of fun!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How cool that you just took the inititave and went out on your own ride that ended up being AMAZING!!! Looks like so much fun and every single time I see your Idaho pictures I wonder why in the world I am here in Cali! Looks like so much fun! That house, WOW!!! SO amazing!!! You should just start moving your stuff in and see if anybody notices. Seriously how funny would that be???